VPN to get around blocking by country

ravimalekinth
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal,

I live in Indonesia. Our goverment will soon block the internet access to PayPal.

Does PayPal allows me to use VPN or not? (I do not use free VPN. Instead, I have Bitdefender Premium VPN)

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Niou1234
Contributor
Contributor
Urgently need the answer for this question. Does PayPal allow VPN? Will there be risk of my account being freezer? My business relies on PayPal as the sole Payment method
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Niou1234 

@ravimalekinth 

No against paypal rules and you may get a ban if you use it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ravimalekinth
Contributor
Contributor

Now that is the real deal.

Therefore, to play it safe, I shouldn't use VPN. Should I?

Login to Me Too

Niou1234
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the info, I kinda guess that's the case but I'm on the last rope trying to find a way to by pass the up coming blocking by my government. Then it's down to the last option, Indonesian clients just have to wait for PayPal's response to our government licensing rules
Login to Me Too

ravimalekinth
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you.

For now, our best choice is to wait until either Indonesia government unblocks PayPal, or PayPal allows Indonesia users to use VPN.

Other alternatives are too risky.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ravimalekinth 

Why are they blocking paypal?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ravimalekinth
Contributor
Contributor

Our Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, commands all "Electronic System Operator" (abbreviation: PSE) to be registered as late as 20 July. They said that this obligation is based on nation's statutory requirements.

PayPal is considered as PSE but has not registered yet. Therefore, the blocking starts on 30 July.

As the result of many Indonesians complain to the government, PayPal is temporarily unblocked until 5 August (in order to facilitate us to draw our remaining balance).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.