Unable to login to paypal.com or pay for anything using PayPal

Bushstar
Contributor
Contributor

There appears to be something wrong with my account as I'm unable to login, it fails on the verification by SMS step where I get the following error.

We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong
We're sorry, we're having some trouble completing your request at the moment. Please try again shortly.

We order takeaway via PayPal and for weeks now I've assumed something was wrong with their site. Today I was unable to pay for something on ebay so tried to login via the PayPal website, upon hitting the same SMS verification it fails with the same message. This behaviour is the same across different browsers and computers.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bushstar 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.
unt against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bushstar
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Yes, the mobile on my PayPal account is in my name. SMS verification has always worked in the past. The same mobile number has been on the account since it was first entered and I've had the mobile number itself for 20 years now solely in my name. Odd that it should fail now and with a generic message with no way to remedy it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.