Unable to log in/Recover password - Sorry something went wrong on our end. Please try again

Astromaxitis
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to log in/Recover password - "Sorry something went wrong on our end. Please try again."

Hello,

I realised that i can't login to my account as it seems that it doesn't exist. More specificly i tried many times to log in with the correct password, but i kept getting the message for wrong password. When i am trying to reset my password, i am getting the error "Sorry something went wrong on our end. Please try again.".

My account was 100% in usage and active as i had made my last payment at December of 2022. I discovered the issue when i tried to make another purchase these days. Almost every month i was making purchases through my account and now it seems as it never existed or something went total wrong with Paypal's databases.

Anyone here, having the same issue?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

mounir991
Contributor
Contributor

If you are unable to log in to your PayPal account and are receiving an error message, there could be several possible issues:

1. Incorrect login information: Make sure you are entering the correct email address and password associated with your PayPal account. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking on the "Forgot Password" link on the login page.

2. Account restrictions: If your account has been restricted for security reasons, you will not be able to log in until the restriction has been lifted. You can contact PayPal customer support for more information on resolving account restrictions.

3. Temporary technical issues: If you are receiving a "Sorry something went wrong on our end" error message, it may be due to temporary technical issues with the PayPal website. Try logging in again later, or contact PayPal customer support for further assistance.

If you are still unable to access your account, I would recommend contacting PayPal customer support for further assistance. They will be able to provide more specific guidance on resolving the issue and restoring access to your account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Astromaxitis 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Astromaxitis
Contributor
Contributor

Hello my friends,

It seems that through paypal's site i can only contact with customer service through mobile and i don't even know the potential cost about this. The other option i tried is to contact through Facebook, but right now the bot doesn't route my chat to an agent and i am helpless. I guess i will try again.

Best regards.

Login to Me Too

HannuRo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

There are some major issues with Paypal and Zettle login using Windows 10 and 11 (chrome, IR, Firefox), but not with Apple. PayPal is using some analytics and/or reCaptcha which has interoperability issues.

PayPal aechitecture is also designed incorrecly. User ID with MFA should be unique supporting multiple paypal profiles. Example I have personal Paypal account and company Paypal account, which causes problems with PayPal login security.  Error message PayPal generate is very general, but using broser debugger you can see this interoperability problem.

Support team cannot help. They are just blaiming browser and computer settings and hide behind their desk. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.