Unable to change phone number

MZClair
Contributor
Contributor

I followed instruction to change my phone number and have been unsuccessful. The current number "on file" is no longer operational. What is the next step?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MZClair
Contributor
Contributor

The instructions I have followed includes some of the currently existing "solutions".

Login to Me Too

Cheerio87
New Community Member

I had the same problem. Even though I had a total of 3 phone numbers confirmed in my account, it would not display an option to "Remove" what was (10 years ago) my "primary" home phone number (which was disconnected long ago). I already had confirmed a new "primary mobile number" but that did not make a difference-- the option to "Remove" was not present for the number I wanted to remove.

I eventually just had to go to "help" and (surprisingly) when I entered "unable to remove phone number" in response to the chat bot's inquiry about my issue, it displayed all 3 phone numbers I'd confirmed previously, asked me which one I wanted to remove, asked for confirmation of the number I wanted to remove, and the bot removed it instantaneously. 

I guess bots aren't all bad. Sometimes they actually work 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.