Unable to change my password on the web

jasoncollege24
Contributor
Contributor

After receiving an email with a verification code that I didn't initiate, I decided to login, and change my password. On both Firefox, and Microsoft Edge, on a Windows 10 PC, I'm unable to change my password. I enter the old, and new passwords, then click the button to change it, and nothing happens at all. Firefox has add-ons, but Edge has none.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Willjoe
Contributor
Contributor

Change or manage your password

To change your password, go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. Select Password, and then select Change.

Regards,

Willjoe

Login to Me Too

jasoncollege24
Contributor
Contributor

I'm really shocked at your reply, because it makes zero sense. This is the PayPal community forum, so why would I be asking about my Windows, or Microsoft account password here?

To be more clear, I can't change my PayPal account password on the web, when going to the security page.

Login to Me Too

jasoncollege24
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently, the bug that caused this was fixed, and I was able to change my password today.

FWIW, future assistance for issues here should really be limited to PayPal. I'm still really shocked that anyone would give instructions for changing a Windows password, on a forum that has nothing to do with Windows. For Windows issues, I have plenty of other places I could ask, which are dedicated to fixing Windows issues. This goes for any other services too.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jasoncollege24 

This is a COMMUNITY FORUM, paypal staff members only post on here if someone has not had a reply for a few days.

That person if they gave you the 'wrong' advice was just posting to try and help you, so as they gave up their time to do so why not just say thank you but that advice wasn't really relevant and move on instead of being rude?

A COMMUNITY FORUM is for 'user to user' advice so no you don't wait for paypal to respond. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jasoncollege24
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Look... I meant no disrespect, nor was I trying to be rude. I was actually trying to help ensure that answers make sense, based on the company the forum is for (paypal), community, or not. This was the first time I've ever seen a reply like that one on any COMMUNITY FORUM, and I've been using them for many years to get help.

For the record, I wasn't waiting for PayPal staff to reply. I was having a genuine problem with a paypal service, and came here looking for help, and (based on many years as CSR, and PC tech) got a reply that made no sense to me, so i pointed it out. Honesty is the best policy as I see it, so I thank you for the attempt, but based on replies, and how I'm being treated, I think I'll avoid the community forums from this point forward. Next time I have a problem with any paypal service, I'll just go straight to PayPal support.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.