Transfering balances from bad business account

yasanthax
Contributor
Contributor

I was appointed treasurer of a business account that has stopped functioning and stopped all payments to suppliers. I tries to reconfigure it by requesting a new names of signatories  as I was instructed, but cant even log into the account now.  I have been told by Paypal to setup a new account and wondering how balances on the business account can be transferred.  At the same time I am not sure paypal is the solution going forward as been told one  should not  assign a business name and by only specifc individuals.  If individuals leave a new account has to be created, I assume. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @yasanthax

Welcome!! Thanks for joining the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear there's been some issues with a business account you've be appointed treasurer to. It sounds like you were requesting a change in ownership for that business account - is that right? If you're unable to complete the change in ownership and decide to close the account down and open a new one, we would recommend transferring any funds out of the account first before you close it. Normally, you wouldn't be able to transfer funds from one business account to another business account you own. 

I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams to assist with the login issues you're experiencing. They can be reached by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.