Switch from business to personal

Tabby988
Contributor
Contributor
I need help changing to a personal account or closing the account because I no longer own a business and I have tried both and can’t get neither to work
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tabby988 

To downgrade, customer service has to do it:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us      

Click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.   

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tabby988
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks I can’t seem to get any help. And now they have locked my account because I can’t prove it’s a business. I have been trying to downgrade for over a year of course it’s no longer a business and I can’t prove it
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @Tabby988

Thank you for your post! 

I appreciate this must be concerning. As highlighted by @sharpiemarker, you need to contact us directly to downgrade your account. 

Once your account is not linked to a legal entity and not limited, this should be ok to downgrade. 

If there is now a limitation on your account, I would kindly ask you to reach out to us for help with your account using the customer service options provided by @sharpiemarke above. Thanks, @sharpiemarker 🙂 

Have a lovely day 

Rebecca 
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.