Smart Buttons Billing Country question

Boostfit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Is there a way to get the Billing Address default to change from the US to UK when someone chooses to pay by Debit or Credit Card?

I couldn't see a way to do it, so any help would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Boostfit, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

PayPal accounts are country specific. If you have created a US PayPal account, the default address will always show as the US. You can add a UK gift address, if the item you are purchasing is being shipped to the UK. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Boostfit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Siobhan, 

Thanks for your reply. 

We are a UK company with a UK account, but by default if we select Debit or Credit Card the address details are in a US format. I have attached a screengrab below. Is there a way we can change the smart buttons configuration so that the address details show in a UK format?

Best wishes,

BOOSTfit

Thanks for your reply. smart_button.JPG

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi, 

Please click on the drop down arrow beside the US flag, and change it to a UK flag. The default address will appear based on the country selected when creating the PayPal account. 

Thanks, 

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Boostfit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Siobhan,

So are you saying that we can't have it show the UK flag by default when the address form first loads after someone clicks the smart button?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

BeeboxTraining
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same issue as Boostfit; I'm also well aware I can choose another format from the dropdown, but how do I permanently change the default billing address format for all Australian users when they select to pay by Credit/Debit card. Seeing the US version causes customer frustration and confusion. In my case, I need Australia as the default, and yes, I only have an Australian Paypal business account. Could we please get a detailed response containing all the steps?

Thank you

Nick

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.