Secondary User for Business Account

grw10320
Contributor
Contributor

Surprisingly PayPal has help on how to configure a secondary login for a business account but no instructions on how the user is supposed to login to PayPal.  All the questions about this on the community have gone unanswered.  Will anyone share the process for a secondary user login?  I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Gary

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@grw10320 

Log in through the standard log in page, put in the Username ID as the email address (PayPal use include "User ID" in the log in field but they took that out and only have "email or mobile number") and then the password.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@grw10320 

Log in through the standard log in page, put in the Username ID as the email address (PayPal use include "User ID" in the log in field but they took that out and only have "email or mobile number") and then the password.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

grw10320
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help.  Solved my problem.  I don't know why PayPal doesn't document this for business users.  I really don't.

Maybe PayPal is becoming the Telephone Company.  If Lily Tomlin were alive we could get her do a PayPal Customer Service rep. 🙂

Login to Me Too

SeaBug95
Contributor
Contributor

I, too, encountered this exact problem. You saved my week! I literally had a chat open with customer service for 5 business days, and no one on the customer service team seemed to understand what I was asking for. I told them plainly that I could not log in with the secondary user's account, even though my own account credentials were still good. They kept sending me reset-passwords links for my primary user account, and finally handed off the conversation to the "virtual terminal department" because I happened to mention that the secondary login was designated for virtual terminal use!

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

juhakuosa
New Community Member

Is the login by using email address instead of user id not supported for secondary users?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Nick

Hi @juhakuosa,

Secondary user's can't log in with their email address. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

~Nick
Login to Me Too

NigelSaltburn
New Community Member

My Secondary User has been verified, gets emails from PayPal, but still can't log in. Not with email address - as already stated, and not with username either! It's massively frustrating.

Login to Me Too

jopennicolas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Please can you help me, I do not want to bug my client just yet. She made me a sub-user, I received an invite followed the instructions but then I cant log in using a username. How can I log in? Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, thanks for posting in our Community. If you're having trouble using a secondary user login, you'll need to talk to the person that set up your profile. They may need to reset your password. 

Login to Me Too

SeaBug95
Contributor
Contributor

That is correct. As @grw10320 says, the login tip text suggests that you need to use your account email or phone number. This is confusing and hopefully PayPal will fix it soon.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.