Privacy Violations.

Amny
Contributor
Contributor

Why the hell does Paypal require so much information? Paypal's job is to move money, the only required thing should be to use an e-mail, bank account details and amount to transfer.

No, safety is no bloody excuse for so many privacy violations like asking real name, address, postal code. NOTHING should be required, there's literally no bloody reason. Not one, none. Why the hell do I have to put my real name, my actual e-mail, my actual address and postal code and phone number and PAN details on the line for an insignificant thing as a monetary transaction? This is unacceptable.

When one logs in to Google on a third-party site, Google doesn't allow third-party log-ins. Any and all log-ins go through Google's own sand-boxed page. Any and all verification must be done by banks and governments. Paypal should never need any personal information to transact money, but do it using non-identifiable information and country's own institutions. There's literally not one bloody excuse for anyone to be forced to hand over information to use Paypal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Amny,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. I understand your frustration with the requirements to furnish information, and I regret the distress caused.

PayPal is required by various governmental regulations to know information about our customers in order to facilitate payments. It is not possible to opt out of providing this information except by declining to use the service. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.