Paypal account names problem

Indeche
Contributor
Contributor

I want to change my account names. I do not have a utility bill. I have upload a copy of my ID and also a screenshot of my KRA returns but the paypal team is still not helping me out. I got a response from them yesterday stating that I should upload a copy of my marriage certificate which i will not have as am not married yet. I do not want to change my legal names  I only want to change my account names from the nicknames to the names on myID

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Indeche 

1. Go to Settings

2. Click “Change Name” link next to your name.
3. Select “Updating your name (for example, using your full name instead of a nickname)” option, click Next.

4. Upload ID

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Indeche
Contributor
Contributor

I have done that twice already. An ID and a screenshot of my utility bill but nothing. The second time they told me to upload a copy of my marriage cetificate which i will not have as am not married yet

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Indeche 

If the name on the account is not a name that was ever your legal name, it is not likely that a name change will be possible. Names can be changed on an account in the following circumstances:

A legal name change

A minor misspelling

And in the case of an account for a registered business, a change in the designated contact for the company.

Changing from a fictitious name (or, as in your case, a name unrelated to your legal name) to a legally recognized name is not something that is supported. If the account is not currently limited, you may wish to close the account and open an account using the correct information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Indeche
Contributor
Contributor

I understand you now but let me ask
my account is a personal account. As you have said I have an option to close the account and open one with the correct information but what if I have money in the now existing account? What will happen to the cash if I do close  the account to correct the details?

Login to Me Too

Gambers
Contributor
Contributor
You know what. We are almost same problem. But in Your case paypal updating you, me isnt damn. Plss help us here.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.