Need to add my EIN and remove SSN from business account

MKVV
New Community Member

How do I remove my SSN from my business account after adding my EIN? I read that I can ADD my EIN but that doesn't remove my SSN. It makes me nervous for PayPal to have my SSN and it isn't needed with an EIN. Zero help via Contact and messaging route.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Sean

Hello @MKVV, Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

Here's how to add your EIN to your PayPal account:

1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out".
  2. Click Account Owner Information
  3. Click Add to the right of Employer Identification Number (Add EIN)
  4. Add your information and click Save.

Protecting your personal information is important to us. Click Privacy at the bottom of any PayPal page for details on how we protect your information.

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

phredgroup
New Community Member

The question was "how do you remove a personal SSN from a business account". Your answer tells me to do what I've already done — add the correct EIN. I don't see any way to remove my SSN. The account was mistakenly created with my personal SSN. The account now has the proper EIN but I don't see any way to remove my personal SSN. It doesn't belong to the business. I don't own the business and the business doesn't own me (obviously). My SSN has nothing to do with the business. Do you know how to remove it?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.