Limited account ~ can I still use it?

lostsoul13
Contributor
Contributor
I have a limited account ~ can I still use it to transfer money from the PayPal reference and sort code and account number ~ I need proof of address and I’m transgender ~ the proof of address is in my male name and ID in female ~ however they need ID in male name when trying to preform a name change, and my deed poll won’t make a difference ~ so they have limited my account—- does that mean limited to the amount I can spend per month—- I use PayPal for eBay, online shops and takeouts- I spend roughly a 1000va month? Mregards
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lostsoul13 

Depends what limitations they have applied.

Paypal really should make special arrangements for transgender folks.

Have you legally changed your name and could you provide that document for them?

Think your best bet is to contact them direct and ask what they can help you with.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lostsoul13
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I have with my deedpoll but need photo ID to match deedpoll ~ I can’t change photo ID until I have surgery: hence title mr/miss.. yes it’s really frustrating… everything seems to be working as normal… I’m unsure if it means the amount on limits .. spending ect… Thanks for you reply
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lostsoul13 

Try phoning see if they can help you.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lostsoul13
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve spoken to customer service and they said upload documents I have which is female photo ID and male proof address and deedpoll ~ but apparently need them to all match.. will try Twitter..
Login to Me Too

lostsoul13
Contributor
Contributor
Message them on Twitter- awaiting their response xx
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.