Identity check of foreigners

bluemaithai
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Thailand is required by authorities to check identity. Because of this PayPal elected to use the NDID platform. But, as everybody knows, this service is for Thai nationals only. There are however NO restrictions from the authorities that the identity check of foreigners can be performed in a different way. You can open a bank account without NDID, you can open a DeeMoney account without NDID and you can get a financial lease without NDID. It is a simple solution for PayPal to continue welcoming the use of foreigners in Thailand by simply checking the identity in a different way. By the way PayPal already checked my passport and have it on file. That is a proper identification. Simply just ignoring this problem and deciding not to do anything about it is not acceptable.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bluemaithai 

ok, not a lot we can do about it though is there unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bluemaithai
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal just need massive response in form of email from PayPal foreigners in Thailand. Maybe someone will take some action. Ridiculous way of behavior from PayPal. When in contact with PayPal, they claim it is a requirement from the government. It is, and it is not. Checking ID is, NDID is NOT a requirement. There are other options

Login to Me Too

ThailandAmulets
Contributor
Contributor

they did it last year and backstepped, lost tens of thousands of users, and now they are doing it again. This time however they are truly **bleep** up the proverbial **bleep**, because now we have stripe and wise payments in Thailand, who do not ask for such impossible documents. Paypal dont want digital nomads and remote workers to make commissions on? well, stripe and wise payments do! so **bleep** paypal. But yes, i wrote to them, called them, threatened them, bollocked them, and assume the rest of users will also in anger, because this is the most damaging thing paypal has ever done to itself. People also need to upload youtube videos exposing this draconian unfairness, and madness. They solve nothing because western union online, wise, and stripe all allow us to continue selling online and accepting payments instead of Paypal. Their Losee, our gain, as WISE and Stripe both cost much less in commissions and exchange rates compared to paypal (wise up to 8 times cheaper). So BYE BYE to that which sucked since the beginning. Forget them and sign up with wise and stripe and you will be so happy.  Paypal loses on thbis one, and i think it is the end of their monopoly. They have lost their vision, and do not know how to retain users obviously. Stripe and wise do not seem to have been forced to demand only Thais can accept p[ayments and withdraw to bank in Thailand.. Paypal are **bleep** crazy!

So, you can see how Paypal makes it now impossible for foreigners and remote workers and digital nomads to acept payments. I have been selling 20,000$ a month for years in Thailand with Paypal, and now i have removed my card, withdrawn every penny, and removed bank, and paypal as payment method from all my online shops. I now use Stripe, whichb works with woocommerce for wordpress, and my Ecwid dot com stores as well as shopify etx. Stripe and Wise Payments are currently the only easy and viable methods to receive payments and withdraw to bank. Paypal hassled us all a year ago and then backstepped when everyone comlpplained that it is the only Paypal entity of all countries, which requires a Thai ID Card and company registration, and does not have the 'individual merchant' account. 

Paypal explains it like this (nice way of saying 'we are stupid we are gonna lose you all to stripe and wise payments because we are a bunch of draconian slaves to the Thai Military dictatorship');

You will initially need to provide your full legal name in English, and your Thai national ID number (other forms of identification which do not have a 13-digit Thai national ID number, such as a non-Thai passport, work permit, non-Thai Identification card (pink ID), or Thai Permanent Resident Permit cannot be accepted). Other information may be required to enroll in NDID – please see item #8 below for more details.

You can complete the required steps via the PayPal mobile app or website. For a seamless mobile app experience, please ensure you're using the latest version of the PayPal app

My reccomendation; Find a one of the alternative solutions for foreigners in Thailand, like WISE or Stripe, which also lets you accept debit, credit, apple pay and Gpay, and kick Paypal over the mountain range like beep beep roadrunner does to wiley coyote.. We should all take a class action suite against them, because the Thai Government actually WANTS digital nomads to come and work here and stay in a resort by the sea and spend their money here and live here. it is PAYPAL who have fallen behind, and they are basically now totally **bleep** because hundreds of thousands of foreign and local digital nomads who do not want to be spied on by the Thai Gov, cannot and will no longer use Paypal. Paypal Thailand failed once a year ago for same reasons, and they will have to backstep again this time.

They froze 23000 baht in my wifes account because she didnt withdraw all in time, and won't collaborate to release it, not even on the phone asking for immediate deletion assistance and to transfer remaining funds to bank! They want to keep it! Thieves! Leave Paypal Alone in Thailand. Anyway WISDE are 8 times cheaper rates. And Stripe, if you have a wordpress and wocommerce, use shopify, wix or ecwid, is better than Paypal.

Login to Me Too

ThailandAmulets
Contributor
Contributor

Yes there is a lot we can do! Use Stripe and Wise instead!

Screenshot (561).png

If you want to sign up with wise, you can also make some revenu by getting three others to sign up, and when they spend a bit, you get 2000 baht when three inviteds spend 8000 baht. Use your affiliate link to share. Here is my affiliate signup link if anyone wishes to support [removed]

If you accept paypal new agreement you release them from all obligations, and give them the right to keep your money if they claim they had difficulty transferring to your bank. Do NOT trust them they are part of the new order transferring wealth to the elites and robbing from individuals, under oders of the city of London and the NWO Leaders who are the Order of the Garter.

If you use wordpress you can install stripe, and people can just pay with debit card details easy! No Paypal Needed. Takes a week or ten days after sign up though before you can begin to withdraw after your first payment comes in. But that is just a primary check.

Also, people in Thailand will see PromptPay appear, and people with Apple Pay of Gpay will also see those options too at checkout in Stripe. Wise is a manual payment method still for Ecwid, do not know about shopify wix and  Etsy etc, But it may have a plugin for integrated payments in woocommerc in wordpress. Not for Ecwid though yet. 

Wordpress with WooCommerce does have stripe, and it serves me for all customers, who have a debit card worldwide. As you can see i have disabled all other payment methods. I have yet to see if there is a Wise Plugin for this site as it is one of my smaller shops, and Stripe seems to work for everyone with its additional Promptpay, Gpay and Apple Pay. Below, you can see all i need is stripe in woocommerce wordpress, to accept payments in Thailand. And Wise is also my other option, but needs manual integration to cart, unlike stripe, which has a plugin for Ecwid and Wordpress.Screenshot (562).png

Screenshot (563).png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.