I moved to another country and can't close my personal account PayPal
I just want to close my account to do a new, because I moved to another country. But I get a message:
There's something that needs to be resolved. Please contact customer service, and we'll help you with it. >>
What should I do to close my account?
Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.
You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.
Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.
1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Account limited, money on hold. Made my account business by mistake in Security and Fraud Archives
- Hacked Account in Security and Fraud Archives
- My account got permanently limited in Security and Fraud Archives
- Scammers in the Russian-speaking support service in Security and Fraud Archives
- Personal account, Not Business in Security and Fraud Archives