I'm from Pakistan but I live in US, how do I make PayPal account legally?

arshan
Contributor
Contributor

Basically I'm from Pakistan but now I moved to US for a job, I'm also having a driver license but I don't have an SSN number because I'm Pakistani. As I moved in US now I really need a PayPal account for the ease of my life, so how can I make PayPal account in a legal way without any limitations?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@arshan 

You can. But if you use PayPal to receive money from selling, get paid for work by employer or freelancing, you will need to provide a US tax ID number though to help verify your account and for PayPal to comply with US tax reporting regulations. Instead of SSN, you can get a ITIN.

I recommend successfully getting a ITIN, bank account, debit card, phone number, all the things you need to set up PayPal account or you can experience low account performance. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@arshan 

You can. But if you use PayPal to receive money from selling, get paid for work by employer or freelancing, you will need to provide a US tax ID number though to help verify your account and for PayPal to comply with US tax reporting regulations. Instead of SSN, you can get a ITIN.

I recommend successfully getting a ITIN, bank account, debit card, phone number, all the things you need to set up PayPal account or you can experience low account performance. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

arshan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for this solution, I really appreciate it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.