Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum!
I understand you are attempting to close your account but you are seeing an error message.
There are a few reasons why you may not have the ability to close your account:
As outlined by @kernowlass (thanks @kernowlass), it is not possible to close your account if you have an outstanding limitation. Please visit your PayPal Resolution Center to resolve any account limitations.
Positive/Negative PayPal Balance
If you have a positive PayPal balance, this will need to be withdrawn to your bank account or/card before you can close your account. Likewise, if you have a negative balance, this will need to be resolved before your account can be closed.
Ongoing PayPal Disputes/Cases
If you have any ongoing PayPal Disputes or Chargebacks, these will need to be resolved before your account can be closed. Again, you can find any cases on your PayPal Resolution Center.
If you have any pending or processing payments/refunds or transfers, these will need to be completed before you can close your account.
I hope this helps, have a lovely day!
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- UNABLE TO CLOSE CANADIAN PAYPAL ACCOUNT in Security and Fraud Archives
- My paypal account is permanently limited in Security and Fraud Archives
- Hello teams. in Security and Fraud Archives
- account closed, limited use in Security and Fraud Archives
- Account limited, money on hold. Made my account business by mistake in Security and Fraud Archives