How to Update to Full Name without relevant documents

Jay_Dash
Contributor
Contributor

I would like my account name to reflect my full legal name. I only used the first part of my first name when I created my PayPal account. I would like my PayPal account to also include the latter half of my first name.
I have tried to use the "Update Name" in the settings, but I lack any of the following documents: 

A copy of 1 of these documents:

• Marriage certificate (I'm not married)
  • Certificate of divorce (I'm not divorced)
  • Deed poll (I want to change my name on paypal, not my legal name)

I already resolved the "limited account" issue for my PayPal account a year ago, so I am reluctant to create a new account just so I can add "Jay" in my [removed] PayPal account name. would like to find a solution that does not involve closing my currently-validated account and creating a new one that might encounter similar troubles. 

Is there any possibilities I can use my utility bill statements or a birth certificate document instead of the other documents listed above?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Jay_Dash,

Thanks for stopping by the Community! 

I understand you'd like to update your PayPal account name to reflect your full legal name. If you're trying to update your name from a nickname to your full name, you don't need to close your account and create a new one. After uploading a current copy of your photo ID, please contact Customer Support. You can get in touch with Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website. Support is also available through Facebook private message or Twitter direct message.

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.