How do you request copies of messages that have expired from your inbox?

rvj84
Contributor
Contributor

It says clearly at the bottom of the page in the Message Centre that you can do so for messages that are no longer visible (over 90 days old), but then I'm being told be a support agent that it's not possible.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @rvj84,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I do understand your frustration. Messages are avilable to view for 90 days. After this, you would need to request a copy of any messages you want to view. 

To submit this request, you will need to contact our Customer Support. To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

rvj84
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_RachelK 

I've tried using Customer Support twice already, both times agents told me that requesting a copy of messages older than 90 days was not possible...

"I can assure you Sir that no one in our department has the tool to give you a copy of your request document."

"I really understand your situation and I really appreciate your efforts for reaching us out. Regarding your concern, we don't have an access to the messages in your message center once you close the conversation and I really do apologize for this. This is just for your privacy and protection of your messages here in PayPal."

... hence why I tried asking here instead.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RachelK

Thank you for your response @rvj84!

I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience. I will make sure to escalate your feedback to the relevant agents involved. 

I have done some research, and I can assure you our Customer Support does have the option to request your messages that have expired. 

Please try contacting our Customer Support again via phone to request this. 

Thank you for your patience.

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.