How do I add a personal account if I already have a business one

Gailj1
Contributor
Contributor
I just received email saying if I want to do “friends & family” I need a personal account, but mine is a business one (although I don’t currently have a business). How do I add a personal account or switch this one? It wouldn’t let me make one using my email address.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gailj1 

You can still send a personal payment with a business account. Beware of scam sellers asking to be paid as friends and family, you can get scammed. Buyer protection does not apply to f&f payments AT ALL. Sellers have no obligation to deliver goods blocking you and disappear. The risk is on you.

To open a personal account, you must use a different email address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Gailj1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your answer. I’m asking so I can actually send/receive money with real family. Not to do business transactions. So, I guess I have to get another email account. Oh well!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gailj1 

@sharpiemarker 

Please note that from 28th July you will no longer be able to accept or send personal gift payments via a business account.

Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement and the PayPal Balance Terms and Conditions

Effective July 28, 2022:

• U.S. business accounts will not be able to receive personal transactions from U.S. PayPal accounts.
  • U.S. PayPal accounts will not be able to send personal transactions to U.S. business accounts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.