How can I log into my account without acess to the ell phone it wants me to verify from?

billus280
New Community Member

Hello I am a  Canadian with a Canadian bank account travelling abroad in Brazil. I need to log in to my account, very important, but it's asking me to confirm from a phone number I no longer have, or via whatsapp which I don't use (not sure if signing up for an account at this point would resolve the situaition- however if this is relevant I would be willing).

I have a few questions:

1) How can I log in without the phone number it's asking me to verify from? I have acess to the email I used to sign up for Paypal with and currently still recieve confirmations on, e.g. if i use my account it sends an email to me at that address. I do not currenly have a phone. I do have scans of my ID and Passport if this is relevant, and I could access my friend's phone if a confirmation needs to be sent there.

2) Is there a way to contact any relevant bracnch of Paypal directly without being able to log in to my account? I am trying but even the phone option which other people said you can do without logging in it's asking me to log in. If I am missing something here please tell me. If there is a way to phone or email, can you please provide me that phone nubmber or email here? Or if there is a link to these or a way to message can you please send me the link?

3) How can I update my phone number and address once  I regain access? I was trying to do this before but found it confusing. If anyone could provide a step by step guide with screenshots that would be incredibly appreciated.

4) Are there any alternatives to Paypal? I am looking to send fairly small amounts of money to friends when travelling abroad. I have a Canadian bank account and my friends have accouunts from around the world. I am often in countries other than Canada.

Thank you so much!

Anna

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@billus280 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/add%2C-edit-remove-phone-number-paypal-account-faq947?ap...

As for other alternatives to paypal then yes there are lots just do a google search?

Or you could consider xoom?

https://www.xoom.com/

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.