How and why do I remove the surname if my documents only have my first name.

Varun14
Contributor
Contributor

I received an e-mail from PayPal asking me to upload photo-id. Then another e-mail asking me to change my name from "Varun Singh" to "Varun". THEY ARE THE SAME NAMES. I even uploaded the document for changing it because website does not allow me to keep the surname empty. What else can I do to tackle the situation because now paypal does not allow me to receive any payments any longer either.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Donna

Hello Varun14n,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

In this situation, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care department. You can do this by going to the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You will then see what contact options are available to you. 

-Donna

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Donna

Hello Varun14n,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

In this situation, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care department. You can do this by going to the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You will then see what contact options are available to you. 

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Varun14
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Donna,

Thanks for the response, I did contact the customer care who ended up replacing the surname with a dot(.) But wouldn't it have been much more easier if the surname was not a mandatory field in the sign up ? 
I knew that my documents only have first name, but was forced to enter the surname. Then paypal gave me trouble because I wrote my surname which I was forced to do by them in the first place. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.