Delete PayPal password saved on other Webseites

Samie84
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, some websites save my paypal password without really asking. Is there an option in my paypal account to generally stop websites from saving my password? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Gane26
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Samie84 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. I understand that you want to stop websites from saving your password. In this case, I suggest you check your browser settings and to turn off save passwords. If you are using Chrome you may follow these steps: Click the Chrome menu in the toolbar and choose Settings. Click Passwords. Turn off Offer to save passwords. 

Also, You can add an extra layer of security to your PayPal account by enabling 2-step verification for login. In addition to your password, once this feature is activated, you’ll enter a unique, random 6-digit access code to access your account. 

Thanks

Gane26

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Gane26
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Samie84 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. I understand that you want to stop websites from saving your password. In this case, I suggest you check your browser settings and to turn off save passwords. If you are using Chrome you may follow these steps: Click the Chrome menu in the toolbar and choose Settings. Click Passwords. Turn off Offer to save passwords. 

Also, You can add an extra layer of security to your PayPal account by enabling 2-step verification for login. In addition to your password, once this feature is activated, you’ll enter a unique, random 6-digit access code to access your account. 

Thanks

Gane26

Login to Me Too

Samie84
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Willjoe
Contributor
Contributor

If you have other passwords recorded/backed up in some other browsers you could clear all stored login data from Internet Options> General tab> Browsing History> Delete. Uncheck (at the top) Preserve Favorites website data) then clear Passwords and Form data.

Regards,

Will

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.