Credit Rating

Waves4Fun2

A friend says reopening her closed PayPal account will affect her credit score negatively and PayPal would say this is not so but she is convinced. What makes her be so sure about that.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Waves4Fun2

Thank you for your post and welcome to your Community Forum!

I'm sorry that there is any confusion about PayPal accounts and credit ratings. Creation of an account or use of a financial service for the transfer of funds should not have impact. If she's talking about use of one of the credit products offered by PayPal, that may potentially have impact. The amount of outstanding debt and the number of lines of credit is something that is examined by Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion.

Your friend would be the best source of information to answer the question of why she is convinced of the impact. If she can explain it further to you, that information could potentially be addressed in an answer from the community.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.