Creating UK Paypal Business Account from Abroad

Kundan19
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community,

I Have a question that I’m trying to figure out for quite a while now and I don't see any good answers anywhere. So I'm a resident of India and I have a company registered in the UK and I'm the owner & director of that company. My question is that will I be able to open up a UK PayPal business account under my company name while living in India?

If yes, I see that I have to add a home address as well, so shall I use the registered business address of my UK company or shall I provide my home address of India?

Also, do I need to use a VPN to sign up for UK Paypal or I shouldn't use that?

Thank you appreciate your answer!

@kernowlass @sharpiemarker @Gane26 @Jonnybones @Bradholland-88 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kundan19 

You have to establish a proper residence/base in the UK (UK address, UK phone number, UK bank account, UK debit or credit card). Use a VPN at your own risk as it is restricted.

You can also get an business associate, agent, employee or representative who reside in the UK to establish and operate the UK PayPal account, with you as a beneficiary.

OR

Open a PayPal India business account because you reside in India and use the UK business name. If PayPal requests information about your company, you can write a note to include with your document submissions that your company is registered in the UK, according to what PayPal staff say in this thread. Whether this works, who knows.

It’s tricky. Maybe it’s best to talk to PayPal sales team in the UK to help and get pre-approval.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/business/contact-sales

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kundan19
Contributor
Contributor

I do have a UK Business address, UK phone number, UK bank account & UK debit card. I tried multiple times to reach PayPal UK but it seems it's not possible to get on a call unless I have a PayPal account in UK. I have filled the form anyways, lets see if they reach out to me. 

Thank you for your reply, appreciate it!

@Gane26 @Jonnybones @shan06 @manju_ @S_Ameen 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kundan19 

Why not phone customer services in the UK.

All you have to do is go to the UK paypal site > do NOT log in and go to contact information for the phone number (use the guest option).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kundan19
Contributor
Contributor

I tried calling them multiple times as a guest, but still, they ask for a six-digit code to talk to someone from PayPal. 

The bot keeps frustrating me and spends minutes without actually forwarding it to someone.

Paypal employees please reply, need to solve this asap to start my company work 🙂

Anyways thank you for your reply, appreciate it!

@Gane26 @Jonnybones @shan06 @manju_ @S_Ameen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.