Confirm identify without photo ID

abbybeths
Contributor
Contributor

Didn't realize I needed all kinds of documents to use money sent to my account, now I've got money in limbo. I saw answers to the same question from 6+ years ago saying that a birth certificate and bank statement could be used, but I don't have a bank account either because of the whole lack of photo ID thing. Is there something else I could use in replacement ? 

I do have an old student ID from high school. It's ancient, but doesn't have any sort of expiration date on it and I've been using it to vote for years. Would that and the birth certificate combo work ?

(as a side note, yeah I know I need a photo ID. it's mostly a matter of getting to the dmv, which is a pain this time of year.)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Joy

Hi @abbybeths,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your account. If you are being asked to submit a photo ID, it needs to be a government issued ID. Unfortunately, a high school student ID would not work. You can learn more about what documentation is needed by visiting the link here. If you need additional assistance, I suggest contacting our Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.