Close my PayPal account, please

Closemyaccount5
New Community Member
A few months ago, PayPal sent me an email to claim 5 dollars. I claimed it, not knowing that it would be the reason why I can't close my account. I don't even use PayPal. I just want to close my account, and I don't want to link my card. I don't really trust PayPal enough. Could a moderator actually close my account and not try and convince me to link my card?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @Closemyaccount5

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

If there's a chance that you might want to use PayPal in the future, it's a good idea to keep your account open. There's no fee to keep your account open. 

Before you close your account, make sure to withdraw any money you have in your PayPal account. You can't close your account if there are limitations, unresolved issues, or a balance. 

Here's how to close your PayPal account:

1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
  2. Click Close your account under "Account options."
  3. Enter your bank account number if requested.
  4. Click Close Account.

Here's what happens when you close your account:

• Any unpaid money requests are automatically canceled.
  • You lose any unused redemption codes or coupons.

If you do have an outstanding limitation, you may need to contact our customer service team directly. 

To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook or Twitter DM's. 

For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

-Rebecca 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.