Changing primary email adress (custom domain) does not work

Hmaya

Hello,

I have been trying to change my primary email adress for my paypal account.

I have already done some research, and I know the standard procedure for setting up a new primary email adress (settings --> add email adress --> update --> mail confirmation --> set as primary)

But I get stuck at the email validation step. I receive the confirmation email, click the link in the email, enter my password in the newly openned tab, and then, I just get a message saying that this action cannot be processed and I should retry later.

I have already tried this procedure months ago, and same result now.

I don't know if this is relevant information, but my paypal account is currently setup with a gmail adress as primary adress. The new primary adress I want to set up is a mail adress on a domain name I own.

Interestingly, I managed to change my primary email adress once with an other gmail adress.

Are mail adresses on custom domains forbidden for use on paypal as primary mail adresses for paypal user accounts?

If not, is there a way to get around this? I am in a process of stopping using gmail so this is really important for me to stop getting paypal emails on my gmail adress.

I'd be glad to provide any futher detail about this issue if you need any.

Best regards,

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

pkkh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Hmaya 

I see you're concerned about changing your primary email address on PayPal account. I am sorry you're facing issues even when you're following the right steps. In such cases, you can contact us over the phone or PayPal message center and we can help you make the necessary changes. You can find the contact details by logging in to www.paypal.com and click on Contact us option. 

Thank you, 

Punith

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.