Cannot login due to not owning cell phone

Even_Steven
Contributor
Contributor

When I login to my paypal account, after entering e-mail and password, it shows a screen which says "Add your mobile number". I don't own a cell phone due to disability and don't intend to own one. My landline and postal address are already linked to my account.

Previously I could click "not now" to bypass this screen but this button is now gone. So I am stuck, I cannot proceed to my account page, cannot change password, address, cannot view transaction history, nothing. I have a number of rolling payment agreements and cannot manage them.

So what now? I feel like I am being discriminated against.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Even_Steven,

Welcome to the PayPal community! I understand that you are facing issues with logging into your PayPal account and don't have a phone number. There is no easy way of saying this, however, login issues are sensitive, and to fix this you will need to get in touch with us over the phone. It involves verbal verification related to the information on your PayPal account.

I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance.

Good luck!

- Ali

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.