Cannot login as the SMS or phone call will never come

Vit4
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, for the whole day today, I'm trying to log in to my account. I've tried like 20 times to send the verifying text message, but none came. After that, it no longer shows that option, and the only option I can use is "phone call", but each time I try that, it ends up with "error on our end".

Was trying to contact support, but the only way is to call to the US number (which I won't do) or LOG IN and file a support case. Now how should I file that support case if I cannot log in??? All I could do is to try to bypass it by the "forgotten password" flow, but (surprise) even though I answered my security questions, it still wants to send me the text message or a phone call!!! Can someone please tell me how should I get in? I'm really **bleep** by now, since there is no other way, then to receive a text message or a phone call. This really makes me think about deleting my account once I get in.
I tested that everything works on my side.

This is the only place I'm able to log in without the verification (I wonder for how long it lets me in).

I need to say, my account is safe from anyone, even from me. Please help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

tonib1
Contributor
Contributor

I was also having problems getting the SMS messages but eventually I got them all after a 15-20 minute delay.  I had to request the text again as I had closed my session & this new one came instantaneously.  admittedly I hadn't tried as many times as you so it hadn't stopped letting me request a new SMS.  I hope you got this resolved.

Login to Me Too

Vit4
Contributor
Contributor

It still would not let me choose SMS, but on 3rd try today, it did call me (finally!) - I really hope they won't charge me the call from US... Also none of the SMS came, they're lost in the infinite universe I guess.
Anyway, someone should really look into it. There is no other way to get into the account. I did turn on the MFA via Google Authenticator now, but it did not print me any backup codes, so I really do believe I'll end up locked again in the future.

Is it really so hard to do it properly PayPal? I'm a developer, and I see this as a major issue in your system.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.