Can’t verify account due to old landline

Hdee1
Contributor
Contributor
I haven’t used my PayPal account for many years, probably 10yrs. I have tried to access my account but the verification code went through to my old landline number which again I haven’t used for many years I eventually got to speak to Tim who clearly just reads a script and was pretty useless. He wanted me to verify which bank account I had used and as I said it’s many years since I’ve used the PayPal account and to be honest I’ve changed banks in the interim so none of the accounts I currently use where linked. I tried explaining this to Tim who just kept repeating the same thing. I asked if he could tell me which bank was linked and when the last transaction took place but he refused. I asked to speak to a supervisor but he refused. I’m at a bit of a loss, I can’t even open a new PayPal account as I have the same email so it just says ‘there is already an account with this email address’. I’m going to contact the Financial Ombudsman but was wondering if anyone on here could help please?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

NasirB
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Hdee1.

I am sorry to know that you have trouble accessing the account due to inactive mobile number. I recommend you to please visit www.paypal.com and click on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of the page to find the best contact information so that the team can help you in resolving this. Thank you! -Nasir

Stay safe and have a good day! -Nasir

Login to Me Too

Hdee1
Contributor
Contributor
Nasir, I have tried everything you’ve suggested and still no further on. Tim was asking for the last 3 digits on the account linked to PayPal…as I keep saying I haven’t used the account in years (could possibly be 10yrs) in that time cards have expired & new ones sent ie new digits, hence I don’t have the details he was asking for. I have asked if he could give me the date I last used my account & the bank I was using bearing in mind I’ve switched banks in the interim time period so I can go back to the bank but even then I do t believe they will have access to the last 3digits of a card I was using. Meanwhile I’m still getting reminders that I have money remaining in my PayPal account & haven’t used it for some time! I’ve tried creating a new account but can’t because I’ve got the same email This is all crazy, I’ve probably got £10 in the bloody account but you’re making out I’ve got billions, it’s nuts!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.