Can't log in!!! 20+ years member

tamaraxhan
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Last month, I was expecting a refund from a merchant, but couldn't login to my Paypal account. I've never had this happen in the 20+ years I've been with Paypal. I called their 'customer service' and they told me I had a negative balance of $8.00 and need to pay it to log back in, but I can only pay it by sending money from another Paypal account or sending a money order. Is that normal? I've had a negative balance before and this never happened. It also still doesn't explain why I can't get in even though I verified everything with the right information. I'm in Canada. Who can I contact to help? I can't get into my account at all, and I'm so frustrated!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tamaraxhan 

A negative balance shouldn't stop you logging in.

Are you sure you contacted paypal customer services via their website and not a scammer trying to get funds out of you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tamaraxhan
Contributor
Contributor

Good question...

What is the number I should be calling? 

I think it was a phone number from the website. I just can't believe that there's no way to get into my account - isn't there some other customer service I can contact online?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tamaraxhan 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.