Can't finish setting up Paypal key due to problems with phone verification.

Omni-Paid
New Community Member

I'm trying to set up the PayPal Key, and I have two phone #'s in my account.
However, on the setup it asks me for a phone # for paypal to text or call me, I try both options and both of my phone #'s, one's Google Voice, and the other is my personal cell phone #, in my name and I'm the only one on the account.

I can't save either # for the system to work.  It gives me a RED Exclamation Point...

I've already called support and they told me to wait 24 hours or whatever for my cell phone # to be recognized, cause I didn't have it in my account cause I don't give out my cell phone # to anyone, but I'm trying to get this stupid PayPal Key to activate, so I thought it might have issues like my bank doesn't like my Google Voice # to simply send a TEXT to verify me when they feel like shutting my account due to suspicious activity, so I end up having to personally go to the Bank cause their phone verification system is stupid.

Anyway, I still can't add a phone # to the security check, even though both #'s are in my account itself.

HELP....!!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Omni-Paid
New Community Member

@leeuniverse I see that you also had the same problem earlier this year. I have the exact same situation. Were you able to resolve the issue with Paypal finally? And If so, how did you? And what was the resolution?

I'm referring to your post here :

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Products-and-Services-Archives/Can-t-setup-PayPal-KEY-Asks-for-p...

Please tell me more. Help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.