Can't add phone number..keeps telling me it's unsupported phone type

Butlerjrjeff
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to have my phone number to my Paypal account every time I do it says it's an unsupported phone type. But it's just a regular phone number

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Butlerjrjeff 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

geckosenator
Contributor
Contributor

I have used paypal for many years.   Now I am unable to send money it asks to verify a phone number.

I put my phone number, it says "unsupported"

Why do I need a phone number to use paypal?   I never needed one before, what changed?   Can you change the site back so it doesn't need a phone number?

Why is the number "unsupported?"  It works on every other site.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@geckosenator 

Read my above post and confirm you have all that added? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

geckosenator
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to "verify" my phone using the help assistant and confirmed the code by text message, however, if I try to send money, it tries to do a "Quick security check" and tells me to add a phone even though I already have it verified in my account.

Then when I put the number again, it says "This type of phone number isn't supported"

So I cannot send money to a new email address.

Login to Me Too

geckosenator
Contributor
Contributor

I called paypal support.   My phone number is verified in paypal however if I try to "send money"  it asks for a "quick security check" and there is no number in the list.   When I try to add the number it says "this type of number isn't supported"  even though I have verified it by text message.

I cannot send money with paypal because of this.

Login to Me Too

dlowcz
New Community Member

hey did you ever fix this? facing the same issue with one of my accounts.

Login to Me Too

geckosenator
Contributor
Contributor

No I never did fix this issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.