Can i use one of my parents name and id

romo__
Contributor
Contributor

I am wondering if I am allowed to use my parent's name and id for my Paypal account.
Or is this not allowed. Is it considered fraud?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@romo__ 

Have your parent open an account entirely under their name/ID and verified with their financials (bank account, credit/debit card) and let you use it with permission and supervision. If you’re under 18 yrs old right now, your name or financials cannot be mixed up in it. Once you are 18 and over, you can open account entirely under your own name and financials.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

romo__
Contributor
Contributor

I currently have $300 in my paypal account and im a minor when i try to make a transaction it says
We're sorry, we couldn't complete your payment right now. Please try again later.
Im afraid my account may get locked and i dont want to lose my money.
What do i do? 

@sharpiemarker 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@romo__ 

You may not have a choice because you are not supposed to open account under age. PayPal is not a toy. They will and can take your money for violating their policies. You cannot change to a parent’s name or use their ID on your account.

Security system seems to be on alert to display that error since account is unverified. Is PayPal limiting your account asking for documents yet? If not, leave account alone for several days.

Ask your parent to make an account under their name, info and link their bank account and card. By the time they finish the process, carefully try sending the money to them as friends and family from your account, wait several days after that and close your account. 

Be causal when doing this, don’t be in a rush or panic. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

romo__
Contributor
Contributor

No, I have not been asked to provide documents.
I will do what you have said thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@romo__ 

Yeah, if you tried the whole amount and you get error message on the first try. Back off for a day or two and send a smaller amount, like $85 or something. Don’t force it and repeat failed actions. Do it once and back off where needed.

Login to Me Too

romo__
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't tried yet I will tmrw I will let you know how it goes thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too

romo__
Contributor
Contributor

Am i able to link my own bank account and card?

@sharpiemarker 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.