Can I set up a business account with just an EIN, and no SSN?
I am on the Board of a non-profit. Our tax status dues not qualify us for a non-profit PP account. The PP account we use has an SSN of a Board member as well as our EIN. Our Board membership and officers rotate every two years. Is it possible to have a PP account with JUST an EIN, to avoid constantly changing the info? (Not to mention the possibility of the organization’s income being reported to the IRS as personal, etc.) We were told last year that we could do this, and added the EIN and thought we’d removed the personal info, but the SSN and Board member’s personal info remains on the account, so I think we were given some bad info. We’d like to establish a PP, or some kind of payment receiving account, with just an EIN.
Profile & Settings
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Chargeback fraud in Security and Fraud Archives
- Lost a dispute that I should have won. in Security and Fraud Archives
- Any alternatives for better customer service or do I have to file a lawsuit? in Security and Fraud Archives
- chargeback in Security and Fraud Archives
- UNABLE TO CLOSE CANADIAN PAYPAL ACCOUNT in Security and Fraud Archives