Can I delete my paypal account and open a new with same bank details?

Anshu575
Contributor
Contributor
Deleting and opening new account
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

A-Ilyes
Contributor
Contributor

@Anshu575 

You can only close accounts! unfortunately, PayPal won't let you delete them. They keep track of everything. Before you close your account, make sure you have no outstanding transactions, (disputes, claims, refunds, etc.). Then remove any banking and credit card info. If you plan to use the same banking and credit card info, you will need to contact customer support for assistance as the system won't let you relink those items by yourself. (It's a system security precaution put in place for your own benefit although most folks seem to get upset over this - also best to call as email requests usually don't help with this particular challenge.) As for your email address, you will need a new one. If you try to reuse it, the system will tell you it's already linked to another account. (Again, another system security precaution).

Advice is voluntary. 
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anshu575 

@A-Ilyes 

Firstly you can re-use another email address as long as the previous account is closed and not limited.

Secondly you can add another bank account or card as long as you have removed them from the old account before closing it. However you may have to allow 72 hours between removing and re-adding to allow the system to update.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.