Business support when your account manager is no longer available / left paypal

cut4cloth
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if anyone else has been in the same situation as us.

For the past 8+ years, we have had a dedicated account manager for our paypal account.  Over the years, the account managers have come and gone but we've always been transferred to a new account manager.  Recently, our account manager has left paypal but they are still listed on our account as our account manager.  Emailing them immediately bounces back with an undeliverable message.  Calling their extension number immediately disconnects, and the same is true when calling business support and using the 6 digit code on our paypal account.

When calling business support and speaking with an agent, I'm told they cannot do anything with our account as it's locked to our account manager.  When I explain that our account manager is no longer at paypal, their suggestion is to contact our account manager.  The same is true when escalating it to a supervisor within business support.

Our account manager left an email address of [removed] (email address not allowed within message) in the case that a new account manager wasn't provided by their leaving date.  There is no response to email sent to this email address.

I have tried numerous departments in business support as well as in sales.  The most recent advice was for us to sent a letter to the password recovery department in Ireland and await a response (there is no issue logging into our account).

According to business support, it should not be possible for an account manager to leave without first transferring the account to a new account manager, or back to business support.

Our issue (which we experienced once before in Dec 2020) that requires support is that we are unable to withdraw funds from PayPal to our bank account.  It doesn't appear to be a user issue, and the same 2 users who have been able to make withdrawals previously are no longer able to.

If anyone else has been in a similar situation regarding no account manager and no support, if you are able to share the contact details and process you followed to correct the issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.