PAYPAL HOLDING PAYMENTS

notveryhappy
Contributor
Contributor

I too have just discovered that PayPal are holding back payments on my account

I keep my account in good order, always post items as a soon as I recieve payment, have 100% feedback good DSRs, what more does this 'outfit' want? its obvious isn't it, the want even more interest, we are even paying interest on our ostage charges as these are incuded with the selling price of an item.

None of the rules for holding payments apply to me so why all this nonsense.

Some buyers do not always leave feedback which is not the fault of the seller yet the seller gets penalised.

I shall be closing my Paypal account and going elsewhere which also means closing my Ebay account. At the end of the day I am also a customer and expect better treatment than this.

Have read through the messages and note that the seller can contact Paypal once they have recieved feedback so as t get funds released. Why should a seller have to do all this.

Login to Me Too
229 REPLIES 229

orangenee

OK, so I recieved a payment 23 days ago and it's still on hold, why is this?

The guy I sold to never bothered to leave me feedback (lots of timewasters on ebay it seems), and it's over 21 days ago since I recieved payment and there's been no complaint from the "customer" either.

Login to Me Too

charchar26
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Andy

That's intersting to know. How would I go about finding out if they have accrued interest and to claim it?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hi there, I have moved you here as this thread has a lot of contributors to this issue. In relation to the interest. The funds held in your PayPal account is eMoney. We do not earn interest on eMoney. The hold is there for security reasons.

Login to Me Too

TheyCoverFraud
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Barry

I am afraid the money buyers send to they sellers across PayPal are going straight to bank account of PayPal otherwise you'd be getting your salary  in eMoney 😉

cheers

Igor

Login to Me Too

Close_UR_acount
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal are not 'pals' i find it very frustrating to have to wait for pending funds because buyers cant be bothered to leave feedback. I pretty sure i have to wait because i filed some diputes with sellers last year, i was sent broken or damaged goods, i was even told by one seller i would not get a refund for my purchase until i left pos feedback.. i didnt..

So why do paypal insist on 21 days?.. simple, Interest is calculated in blocks of 21 units(days)... can we claim the interest back?

Anyway im not going to put up with there business plan anymore.. they fleece you everywhere 3.4% give me a break...+20p.. yeh right.. no wonder ebay has become a place for money launderers and criminal activity, i will niether buy or sell on thier ever again

Support your local shop... no ting tong cavern

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there,

Before a hold is placed on a transaction we review many factors including transaction activity, business type, past customer disputes and overall customer satisfaction.

Here are some common reasons for holding payments:

• You have been an eBay and PayPal member for less than 6 months, and, have limited selling activity.
• You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100 and do not have a record of good performance
• You have a Buyer dissatisfaction percentage of 5% or greater than 5%
• You have an average Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of less than 4.5
• You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months
• You have a high rate of customer disputes
• You’re selling in a high risk category or industry such as, but not limited to, tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics, or cell phones
• You have a spike in selling activities or begin selling in a category without an established history

We will notify you of the hold in the ‘Payment Received’ email and in your transaction ‘Details’. While your payment is on hold it will be shown in your Pending Balance and you will not be able to use it to pay for shipping of the item. If you are using PayPal Shipping, please be aware that you may need to use a registered card or bank account to complete the payment if you have no funds available in your balance.

Your funds will be released within 24 hours when one of the following occurs:

• The buyer leaves you positive feedback
• 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal filed on the transaction
• You provide a tracking number which shows that the item has been delivered over 3 days ago

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

RaiseAkitas
New Community Member

I will no longer be using PayPal.  This is nothing more than a money grab by EBay and Paypal, who are owned by the same person(s).  I have over 650 feedback at 100%.  They just held up money I was planning on paying my mortgage with.  If I would have had any idea this was going to happen I would never have had the buyer send the $$$ via PayPal.  I'm sure you guys will not loose all your sellers but you will loose many.  Hope it was worth it. 

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

eBay determine what payments are held not PayPal. More fool you for relying on a sale to pay your mortgage.

Login to Me Too

lolabella
New Community Member

this is not true, i left a tracking number and got possitive feedback and i still have the money on hold, why ?????

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, just to confirm, we cannot, and do not, make money on payments holds as it is E-money. In relation to the positive feedback being given and no release of funds. We apologise for that, I will look into this for you. Should that happen again, please do not hesitate to contact customer service. Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.