Company using personal account

Calavera86
Contributor
Contributor
I paid for a deposit for a tattoo however the guy asked me to send as a transfer to a personal PayPal instead of business. He has really messed me around so I want to get my deposit back but PayPal won't let me dispute the payment as it's not classed as goods or services. However can I report him for using PayPal in this way? Does this mean he is breaching the rules of PayPal by doing this?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well he should not sell and ask for payment via family / friends BUT its your word against his, you are saying that it was for a deposit and he could say you just sent him a "gift" for money owed. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Calavera86
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I know that and I realise I may not get my deposit back but he's doing this with every payment so surely there is some way to report him? I mean surely he will owe PayPal money or something?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Calavera86

It is certainly something that we would look into.  Why don't you send us a message on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPalUK with the details. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Calavera86
Contributor
Contributor
I don't have Facebook or Twitter. Can I email?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Calavera86,

Of course you can 🙂

All you need to do is click the 'contact' tab at the bottom of your account, 'email us' on the right hand side of the page and choose a topic and sub-topic for your email. 

I hope that helps Calavera86 and rest assured that if this Seller is providing a bad buyer expericence, we'll take swift action on our side.

Conor

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.