Upgrade from Personal to Premier Question?

Shade_Koopa
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to apply for a paypal debit master card but it says I need to upgrade my account to premier first. What is the Pros and Cons to upgrading? Will I be charged unnecessary fees?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Shade_Koopa,

A long, long time ago, in a .... wait, that's a movie.  Smiley Wink  Several years ago there was a slight difference in Personal and Premier accounts in terms of fees for receiving payments, but PayPal equalized the fee structure for all accounts some time ago. 

So what is the difference between the two then?

Not much, really.  Premier accounts have access to a few reporting tools and History options that Personal accounts don't, because Premier accounts are designed with more of a seller perspective in mind.

The fees are the same, though.  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Shade_Koopa
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so I'm not going to be charged a fee for switching or anything beyond from what the personal accounts have.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Nope, it doesn't cost a thing to switch account types or just to have different account types.  You can see a full list of our fees at www.paypal.com/fees.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.