Ripped off by Paypal, which efused to honour its guarantee - what to do?

t8769
Contributor
Contributor

I thought buying on Paypal was safe - no it isn't.

I was sold a broken laptop, appealed to Paypal, they let me down in every way.

They closed my case as it hadn't been sent back in time - it was Christmas, everything was closed.

I called and explained this, they reopened the case. 
Then they closed the case for no reason, after getting it mixed up with another case in the resolution centre

THey asked for mroe information. I sent it.
Then they closed the case a 2nd time, with the dishonest excuse that I hadn't send new information.

This was a complete lie, I had sent 5 files of new information.

They had not even bothered looking at the information I had sent. I doubt they spent 3 seconds on it.

Lazy, useless and dishonest - that is my experience of Paypal support and their 'guarantee'.

How can I take this to managent to make a complaint?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@t8769

Click on help top of this page and there is an option on how to make a formal complaint about paypal.

However if you funded that paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

t8769
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Thanks for your reply

I did not use credit card.

I can make a complaint, but I am thinking about going to court now.

The behavour of the PayPal dispute department was unbelievable, lazy, dishonest and against their own policy.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@t8769

Well good luck but you may be on dodgy ground.

If paypal found in your favour but you did not send the item back in time then you would lose anyway.

They normally give you 10 days to send the item and provide them with a tracking number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

t8769
Contributor
Contributor

t8769
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I have spoken to them again, and the operator said that they would look at the case.

She was very nice and it seems that they did not look at the information that I sent.

I am hoping that this can be resolved correctly.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.