catch 22

rvp117
Contributor
Contributor

I am a first time seller (paypal user). I recently sold an item on ebay, I had been in contact with the buyer at the end of the sale. After two weeks had gone by and it had been delivered. He would not respond to my emails. The day the money would be transferred into my bank he files a dispute that he wanted a refund. That the item did not match the condition he thought it was in. I look at the options paypal had provided, And grant full refund came up so I'm like alright that must be it. Thinking that the dispute will stay open until I get my merchandise or atleast have something to ensure he returns the package. What should I do, what can I do, I have left emails, I have offered to cover any reasonable shipping rates to get it back to me. I have lost a lot trust in paypal and people for that matter.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

That the item did not match the condition he thought it was in.

You might have been able to win this dispute.  You're not responsible for matching his expectations - you're responsible for accurately listing the condition the item WAS in.

However, since you surrendered without a fight, that's neither here nor there.

Thinking that the dispute will stay open until I get my merchandise or atleast have something to ensure he returns the package. What should I do, what can I do, I have left emails, I have offered to cover any reasonable

Now why would you do that?

You NEVER refund unbtil you receive the item back.  NEVER.

Pick an option that says that or write it in yourself.  If necessary, email paypal with the option, putting the case number in the title of the email.

I'm sorry, but this mess is entirely that of your own making;

You didn't familiarize yourself with the User Agreement rules

You didn't ask for help on the discussion forums here or on ebay when other, more experienced, sellers might have been able to guide you.

You have no one to blame but yourself.

Still, I hope it works out for you but if it does, it's more by luck than design.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.