"We're initiating closure of your PayPal account"

Dreyameir
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone!

I just got an email informing me that my PayPal account had been closed, due to "Violation of our buyer protection policies."

It's just a personal account, mainly for use on digital games stores like Steam or Epic. I've gone through my transactions of the last few months, and can't see anything that could possibly be a breach of the user agreements, it's all pretty boring and sparse, really.

I was locked out of using the restore account settings that were mentioned in the email, instead I just got brought to a page that says "You can't use PayPal anymore." When I called the helpline, I couldn't really get any more information, just a scripted interaction and a vague promise of an appeal at some point.

Is there any information I could get about this, and if I'm able to get the account back? I truly think there's been some sort of automated mistake or something. Anyone else have this issue?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dreyameir 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary.....in other words they won't give you a specific reason, you just have to presume you violated their acceptable use or user agreement in some way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.