Tips on posting back to seller

Allynsasa
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone! I recently made a purchase in which the item turned out to be a fake. After contacting the seller through PayPal she has agreed to give me the refund when I post the item back to her. Because she ‘didn’t know’ it was a fake. However upon looking at her other advertisement I can see that all she’s selling are fake sneakers(I’ve asked a sneaker head to help overlook the shoes) and it’s impossible she doesn’t know I’m slightly worried when I post the shoes back she may come up with some excuse not to refund me the money. I have read on other forums it’s important to video record what item you’re posting back and condition and video evidence you’re handing it back to the post office. While this is understandable, I wouldn’t want to make the post office workers feel uncomfortable. Or is there a procedure where we need to let them know first ? Could anyone let me know what they’ve done
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Allynsasa 

If you won a paypal claim for item received but not as described then all paypal would require is a tracking number that proved delivery of the item back to the seller.

So if you don't want to go down the claim route then post back trackable in case you have to open a later dispute if she does not refund.

BUT first is she in the same country as you? If so then is it against the law in your country to sell fakes? If it is then I would reach out to her first and state that if she doesn't refund withOUT the items being returned then you will report her to trading standards for selling fake items. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Allynsasa
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your reply ! Yes, the seller and I are in the same country but from different states ! However I met her through gumtree( Aussie Craigslist), paid through goods and services! Luckily for that, I called up PayPal this morning just to confirm the procedure as a matter of prevention, Just in case there was something I could of done to prevent anything going against my favour. Thank you once again
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.