Supplier are sending a cheap item in replacement of the expensive item purchased.

Fongy69
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal community. I live in Jamaica West Indies, and use a shipping company based in Miami, Florida to receive and deliver items I purchase online to their Jamaican office, where I would pick them up.  After they receive an item I have purchased, it takes 5 days to a week to reach Jamaica. I also only use PayPal for my online purchases because they have been a safe place where I can use my credit card and not be scammed.
I received a $2 watch and did not claim it.  back of watchback of watchfront of watchfront of watch I told the shipping company they had made a mistake because I did not purchase any watch. Long after I had escalating this case to PayPal , the shipping company confirmed that the tracking number for the Mavic Air 2 Drone I had purchased for $205 US Dollars is the same tracking number for the cheap watch . 

Mavic Air 2-Drone 4.Combo + DJI Smart ControllerMavic Air 2-Drone 4.Combo + DJI Smart Controller

It is now apparent that these suppliers have found a way to bypass PayPals methods of verifying a legitimate sale. They are sending cheap items that cost less than $5 dollars on the same tracking number as the expensive items we buyer purchase. There must be another way to secure our purchases as this has been a major robbery from my credit card.  I believe PayPal should insist that sellers provide a description of the item attached to the tracking number, just like customs do.  That way a case cannot be closed until the item description is verified as the item attached to the tracking number provided by the seller.  As a matter of fact, I do not believe a seller should be able to sell a product that does not include a description on the delivery tracking information.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.