Re:LIN <removed> scammer, Relifes.store, Hotrait

iukmare
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a Car DVR from above seller.What I received was not what I bought.A cheap juncky crap.I maid a complint to pp and awaiting a reply.Going through the threads it seems this seller is a mid day robber and a scammer and many hv become victimized.I dont understand why PP still let this scammer operate. He had been doing this cheat to many it seems.And appears to ask to return the product to a fraudulent adress and claims non receiving of returned item.So refund is unlikely. I am now waiting for pp's response.we'l see what happen & update.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

David0
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue.  Bought 2 car rear view mirror cameras and was sent a cheap item different from what was on the seller's website, www.hotrait.com.  When I purchased the items, I copied the website to a PDF for safety purposes, so I had the information to compare to the items sent.  When I received the wrong items, I immediately emailed went to the website and emailed them per their instructions at <removed>.  I did not receive any response, so I opened a dispute through PayPal (PP).  The seller requested that I send the items back to China through UPS as the shipper.  I checked with UPS and they would charge $230.00US which was ridiculous since both items with express shipping only cost $89.47US.  I asked the seller to please send the correct items I purchased and received no response.  I escalated the issue to PP and sent PP all the documentation I had that proved the seller had sent the wrong items.  I also found that the seller had changed the store's URL to www.relifes.store.  PP made the decision was for me to send the items back and I would get a refund.  I checked with the United States Postal Service but their cheapest rate was still too expensive at $55.00US and I would end up losing money.  I told PP that I could not send the items since I would end up losing money but they said that it was the only option.  Since I did not send the items, PP decided in the seller's, Lin <removed>'s favor.  I even asked the PP representative to email and please ask the seller to send me the correct items but I have received no response.  I have emailed the seller through my personal account twice but have also received no response.  The last I heard from the PP representative was that PP would keep an eye on this seller and I would get contacted if PP found that the seller was running a scam.  I have not heard from anyone yet, but my research has found many complaints like mine.  All PP or anyone interested in finding out if there are complaints is to do a search for "hotrait.com" or even check this community's posts: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/HELP/td-p/1544988

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.