Paypal declined unauthorised transaction case on my hacked account

Kirsten122
New Community Member

Today I discovered that someone hacked into my Guzman Y Gomez account (which I was unaware was had an automatic link to my Paypal Account) and ordered $160 worth of food! They had changed all the details on my GYG account, except for the paypal account and phone number, and ordered from a store in a completely different state to where I live. I immediately lodged an unauthorised transaction with Paypal, and tried to call GYG (with no luck as they provide nothing more than an email address). I emailed GYG and have reported the hacking and theft of the $160 to the police.

I have just received a Paypal response to my Case saying that they have found that there was no unauthorised transaction! I DID NOT authorise the transaction. I have tried to respond to the case to ask for someone to look at it again, but since the claim has been denied, there seems to be no physical way to have it looked at again in the resolution centre. I am incensed that Paypal has the gaul to basically call me a liar, when I have just had my identity stolen (as the police explained it when I reported the incident), as well as $160 stolen. What can I do?? Surely this is not a fair business practice?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.