No package received to MY address

SLS6
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered 24 lbs of crab legs. I received a tracking number. Then I received notification that they were delivered. They were not on my front porch. I went to the USPS and they were delivered to an address nowhere near me. I even drove to that address and no one was home. PayPal is denying my claim because they have a delivery notification that wasn’t me.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

Send a chat message stating you have written proof from USPS the delivery notice is fake. Ask where to send the proof. Then wait a bit (a day is maximum) for a response about where to send the proof. You should get an e-mail notice when they respond.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

This is delivery fraud by the fake shipper using a real tracking number submitted to Paypal. However, the real package was sent by someone else to someone else. No package was ever addressed or sent to you.

If you can, obtain a *written* notice from the USPS, either a letter or an e-mail, stating (and showing) the tracking number was not sent to you nor was it ever addressed to you. Then submit that information to Paypal for a refund.

Login to Me Too

SLS6
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! I gave PayPal all the information on the delivery notification from the USPS, but I didn’t send a pic of it. The case is closed, so how do I do this?
Login to Me Too
Solved

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

Send a chat message stating you have written proof from USPS the delivery notice is fake. Ask where to send the proof. Then wait a bit (a day is maximum) for a response about where to send the proof. You should get an e-mail notice when they respond.

Login to Me Too

SLS6
Contributor
Contributor
I will do that. Thank you!
Login to Me Too

SLS6
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! It worked! I’m receiving a full refund!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.