Missing Package Not Delivered

luxelion19
Contributor
Contributor

I had a UPS package from MatchesFashion that was delivered, but I did not receive it. I just moved from San Francisco to Los Angeles and basically the package was marked as delivered, but I did not receive the package. I did not know how complicated the process was for missing packages as I have not had a missing package for 4 years until I moved to Los Angeles. I filed the claim with Paypal, but it got denied because the retailer uploaded the tracking information which said it was delivered. I did use Paypal Credit to pay for it. I have spent hours on this case going to UPS and they said that they couldn't find it either and consider it lost. I have been waiting for the payout, but it has been taking ages. I have been on the phone and it keeps on transferring me to non US based representatives. Is there anyway I can get in touch with a US based representative preferably a supervisor? I remember the change in 2017. The non-US based representatives do not seem to want to help and sometimes they say they will do something when they actually didn't do it just to get you off the phone. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

luxelion19
Contributor
Contributor

ill try and read and see what I can do. Apparently, calling Paypal Credit is different than calling Paypal. I am so tired of this. I do not wish this on anyone. It is very very frustrating not to mention time consuming. It has made me more hesitant to shop online or only working with very secure carriers like DHL that guarantee pickup from an access point.

Login to Me Too

Rebekah_K
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, I know what you mean. I actually don’t trust PayPal anymore at all. Their “secure promise” protects them, and not the buyers. I didn’t realize you used UPS (thought I read USPS). Under the UCC code for e-commerce, the seller is obligated by contract law to deliver your package to your door. Not next door, not the zip code, your GPS location. If they can’t provide GPS location delivery (which they should be able to because all these packages are scanned along the way, even down to the truck the went on), then it wasn’t legally delivered per the e-commerce code. I would get in touch with the FTC. Since you are out of the country, this is probably your only way to do it. I know it’s exhausting. I was on fire for the couple days that I was arguing with PayPal. It’s an energy drain and sometimes not worth it so definitely take that into consideration ❤️ You can also try Twitter. Has the 180 days closed since you first ordered/opened claim (I forgot dates)? The FTC should make PayPal close the loophole that these scammers are using. PayPal is profiting because they deny every claim. You know PayPal is collecting those fees from the scammers to use PayPal, right? So why do they wash their hands of it? I think all new businesses using PayPal should be on a 90-180 day probationary period. PayPal is also at fault. Read article posted in this community. You might have to enter the title into the search bar because PayPal not letting us direct link it. Link: https://www.freep.com/story/money/personal-finance/susan-tompor/2019/12/12/tracking-code-paypal-scam... Title of article in Detroit Free Press: “PayPal loophole makes it easier for scammers to trick you into fake goods” PayPal’s has known about this scam for years. Use these resources in your FTC complaint.
Login to Me Too

luxelion19
Contributor
Contributor

my situation was UPS, but I tried to ship it to a UPS Access Point, but it didn't change. It ended up being delivered to my USPS PO Box where it went missing. The carelessness of the USPS caused me to not receive that package. I mean in a way it's better because I dramatically lower my spending after this incident so I mean something positive came from this. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@luxelion19 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

luxelion19
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I will try that. I also called Paypal Credit on Sunday and they were working on it as that is my funding source.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.